April 8, 2008

Taylor Instrument Companies of Rochester NY pocket barometer


Antique pocket barometer in it's original leather case made by Taylor Instrument Companies of Rochester NY, probably in the very early twentieth Century. It is marked "E.D. No. 4128", which may be a model number. This is the heaviest early pocket barometer I have ever felt. It weighs in at nearly 1 lb., or 435 grams outside of it's case. The heavy glass crystal is beveled. The outer dial is adjustable using the crown on the top. It measures 3" wide by 3 5/8" long, counting the crown by 1 3/8" thick.

3 comments:

herbr1 said...

I have an identical barometer that I am looking for information on. (E.D. No. 1118) I would like to know about the inner workings - - take it apart and clean it...

george said...

i have identical barometer that i am looking for information on e.o. no 4747 on the face of it

Francisco said...

I have a Taylor stormguide barometer and in the box it say FAIRFAX. No model number in the barometer but the printed guide has this. 5997 7-35. This is very similar to the one shown in the picture. i have searched some, but have not found an identical to the one I have.